Yasmin – Effective Birth Control
Yasmin will not only prevent unwanted pregnancy but also have a positive impact on some other health conditions. And now my canadian pharmacy will pay attention to what is necessary to consider when taking this birth control pills.
Before using Yasmin, it is recommended to undergo a thorough medical examination plus consultation with your doctor about the use of this contraceptive drug.
Remember that you should be examined every 6 months in the case of frequent drug use.
Please note that Yasmin and smoking are incompatible.
The manufacturer is Schering, Germany. The drug is a synthetic tablet. The product is packed in a cardboard box, and each box contains a blister with 28 pills.
Important: the blister is supplied with a calendar according to which it is necessary to take pills.
Store the drug at a temperature not higher than 25 °C. The shelf-life is 3 years. You can buy the drug only if you have a private doctor prescription.
Yasmin is used as a contraceptive to help get rid of acne; removes fluid from the body, the retention of which is affected by hormones’ rate.
Mechanism of action
The drug prevents the onset of ovulation and also increases the viscosity of cervical mucus. It is the very mechanisms that ensure your protection.
Drospirenone, which is part of the drug, will save you from the problems associated with the excess fluid in the body. Thanks to the same substance, sodium, which accumulates under the influence of estrogen, is excreted from the body. In addition, you will be easier to endure premenstrual syndrome, if you have its symptoms. An additional advantage of this birth control is that your hair and skin will improve.
This birth control means reduces the risk of endometrial and ovarian cancer. By taking this drug, you will ease and improve the menstrual cycle and thereby reduce the risk of iron deficiency anemia.
Take one tablet per day for 28 days. 7 latest pills contain placebo supporting the level of hormones in the body. During these inert pills, the menstruation will start.
If you have not used another contraceptive before this drug, start the application on the first day of the menstrual cycle. You can start the course for 2 – 5 days, but at the same time, it is better to apply the barrier method of contraception for the first 7 days.
If another birth control drug was used, start the course of Yasmin the next day after the end of the application of the previous contraceptive. Also, use barrier protections for 7 days.
If you have had surgery in the first trimester of pregnancy, you can start taking the drug right away. If you had surgery or giving birth in the second trimester, take Yasmin for 21-28 days.
If you miss taking your pills, take them as soon as possible. Further reception is carried out in a common regimen. In the event that the missing period was more than 12 hours, it is worth adding seven-day additional protection to the immediate resumption of the course.
Important: If you have missed pills several times, you need to make sure that you are not pregnant.
- Nausea, vomiting may occur.
- There are changes in vaginal secretion.
- Tenderness of the mammary glands is possible with secretions from nipples.
- Changing body weight and libido.
- Mood may decrease.
- There may appear a headache or migraine.
- The possibility of allergies or poor tolerance to contact lenses is not excluded.
- Excess fluid may be retained in the body.
When the drug cannot be used?
- Thrombosis or a condition that precedes them. The same occurs if there are factors that can trigger thrombosis.
- If you are diabetic and you have vascular complications, better to avoid this birth control application.
- Liver disease is a direct contraindication. But if your indicators returned to normal, you can use the drug.
- Different types of tumors of the liver.
- Diseases of the genital organs or mammary glands, dependent on hormones.
- The presence of severe or acute renal failure may be a barrier to the choice of this contraceptive.
- The presence of vaginal bleeding of unknown origin.
- The possibility of pregnancy or its presence, breastfeeding.
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.